Friday, January 11, 2013

Birth of a blog...

I've been wanting to start a blog for years now, but I've never gotten around to it...

I've gotten hung up on the name of it - shouldn't a blog have a meaningful name, a name that explains and describes it?
I've gotten hung up on the design of it - shouldn't a blog have an eye-catching design and pleasing (or at the least, meaningful) graphics?
I've gotten hung up on the content - what is a blog without content? And, do I have anything interesting and worth sharing?
And my blog attempts have floundered and failed.

I decided to go with a variation on a name a friend suggested. Instead of fussing over a fancy, hand-crafted design, I went with a Blogger design and a pretty background that I found on the internet. As for the content, I don't really care if anyone reads it or not. It's more for my enjoyment than anyone else's... I have project processes I want to document, recipes I wan't to back up, and opinions that I'd like to just get out of my head. If anyone likes what I have to say or the work I create, then that's just an added bonus.

So, cheers to a new blog attempt. Maybe this one will stick! (I certainly like it best so-far.)  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment