Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Asterodea WIP


So, my current colouring project is the image above: Asterodea by Cat Craig. To clarify: I am colouring her lineart. I love, love, love the lineart drawn by the fabulous Cat Craig (aka Catzilla). Her lines make me dream about all the scrumptious colours that could cover the canvas. So much possibility!

All of my progress thus far has been accomplished on my (old) laptop, and this is the first time I have viewed it on a different screen. I have to say that I am disappointed with some of the colours. Some of it is darker than I expected (like her skin) and other parts are way too bright (like her lips). Ugh. Frustrating.

Once my new laptop comes in and I get up and running again, I will be back to work on this. I actually just discovered the beauty of Photoshop layer masks while working on this piece. It opened up a lot of new possibilities and I am both dismayed that it has taken me so long to find this technique and also extremely excited. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment